Enjoy your first video for free. Subscribe for unlimited access.
Have questions about subscribing? Click Here to learn more.
Jun 22, 2020 12:46pm
Students need to give their full attention to the teacher whenever directions are being given, it gives them direction on the assignment, and it creates a structured classroom. Consistency creates a routine learning environment for students to help clear expectations and keep classroom distractions down to a minimum. I would use the countdown from three, two, one with my arm in the air, standing quietly, clapping my hands together are just a few ways to get their attention.
May 17, 2020 8:18pm
I loved how this teacher repeated what was expected of the students when he is getting their attention that way the students are aware of what is expected. He mentioned that the spot he was standing in is the one and only spot he uses for getting their attention and I think the consistency of that is so important. Getting the student's attention at the beginning of class and the lesson is a great way to get them to pay attention and focus on the teacher and lesson.
Nov 25, 2019 2:49pm
1. It is important to have student's full attention before teaching or giving directions because it creates a structured environment for a better chance for students to learn and grow. It is important that we protect our instructional time.
2. Consistency creates a respectful learning environment for teachers and students. When students have clear instructions and expectations, it helps to illimuniate transition and classroom disctractions.
3. Some other cues or signals that can be used to get the students attention are counting down from five, a hand signal in the air, clap and student repeat, and a bell.
May 23, 2019 9:33pm
1.Why is it important to have the student’s full attention before teaching or giving directions?
It is important to have students full attention before teaching or giving directions because this assures you that all of the students are listening.
2. How does consistency improve student response?
Being consistent is key when trying to get students attention because students get into a routine.
Overtime students become conditioned to the hand signal and learn what you are expecting when a certain signal is said.
3. What other cues or signals can you use to get students’ attention?
Other signals that can be used to get the students attentions is clapping, instruments and rhymes.
May 21, 2019 11:32pm
1. Why is it important to have the student’s full attention before teaching or giving directions?
- The reason it is important for the teacher to have the students full attention is so that the teacher can give the student’s clear instructions, as well as what there expectations will be for the rest the school year.
- Consistency improves student response in the classroom when they know that they have a safe place to be themselves. By teachers being consistent in their approach and letting the students know what their expectations are will help both the students and teacher.
3. What other cues or signals can you use to get students' attention?
- You can clap your hands / sing or play a song. You can sing the first part of the song and the student would be able to sing the last part of the song.
Webinar / Distance Learning / Engagement
Webinar / Class Culture / Coaching
Webinar / Professional Learning / Coaching
Webinar / Assessment / Distance Learning